Fixing plastic roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

We have plastic roofing in our utility room, and over time it has bowed in the middle, causing the roof to split open where it joins together, letting the rain come in.

We can't really afford to replace it right now, so I was looking at buying some corrugated sheets to put over the parts where the gaps are.

But...I'm unsure if I could make that work as I couldn't anchor the sheets into anything but the existing plastic roof?

Another option was just to stick some plastic sheeting over it as a temp job?

I'm not a diy person as you could probably tell, so any advice on what I should do would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Luke

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
definately dont stand on in for a start, i would think about putting a wooden cross member half way down inside, because its sagging quite a bit. for a quick fix maybe 'flashband that joint from the top all the way down to the wall, and use that stuff around the pipe too :confused:

Ha ha, I won't!

That's great, I'll get to work on that I reckon then.

Thanks for the advice,
Luke

I would not climb on that roof. Flashband needs to be warm so leave it on the radiator or use a heat gun as you go.

Nice one, thanks for that.

If I decide to build a wooden support, is it as simple using just 2 pieces of timber? Or do I need to build something more supportive...if that makes sense?

Cheers
Luke

Is it broken or does it need clipping back in position?

I did think that actually. Although, I tried pushing it up but it wouldn't clip in. Is there a technique in doing so? It does look like that might work...

Thanks

Won't be easy, need someone at top and bottom, ideally in the real world is to take it off then clip it back in. I wouldn't that now, just a temporary repair for now.

Going to be awkward to tape it without leaning on the roof, I suppose you could put an upside down gutter and tied it somehow

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back