Fixing puddle against back of house

9 Sep 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Not sure if this is the best place for this topic, but hopefully someone will be able to help!

At the back of my house when it rains water gathers in a corner. So I guess I need to lay some concrete so the water runs away from the house towards the drain or lawn.

I'm a bit of a novice, so assuming this is the best fix, how do I go about this job? Is there a ready-mixed product out there for this type of thing, or is it a case of mixing done cement and doing it the old fashioned way?

Any tips/advice would be most welcome!

Sponsored Links
Drill a hole?

What's the existing paving made of? How deep is the puddle?
Sponsored Links
You can get external grade self-levelling compound, or you can make a mix of fine sand (kiln dried or silver sand) cement and SBR additive.

But you'll need to read up on the prep and application as most things stuck to a surface will tend to lift off in time. The better you do it the longer it lasts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local