Fixing through dot and dab plaster board

Sponsored Links
Hi. I'd like to ask for everyone's opinion even though I've already made my mind up and intend to ignore it anyway. Thanks for letting me waste your time which you'll never get back in this life.

Hi. I'd like to ask for everyone's opinion even though I've already made my mind up and intend to ignore it anyway. Thanks for letting me waste your time which you'll never get back in this life.

ooh, I have customers I'd like to use that on :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
I have a range of long wall fixings up to 200 mm long to use where there is a "difficult" plaster board or wall situation.

Seems odd that the OP seems to have no plasterboard there at present.

Dot and dab is a way to get a flat wall quickly for those without good traditional plastering skills.

For me to fit a boiler or heavy rad on a plasterboard covered wall I would try to use my long fixings. Window frame fixings are good because they expand the inner part without pulling the plasterboard inwards.

But if the compressive aspect of the plasterboard was likely to be a minor problem then I would consider injecting a tube of filler behind it.

In a more serious case I would cut out a boiler sized rectangle from the plasterboard and fill it with cement render!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back