Fixing a radiator to dot & dab plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I need to replace a radiator on plasterboard that has been fixed to a block wall using dot & dab.

I presume its not a good idea to fix the radiator to just the plasterboard, using something like spring toggles, in case the dot & dab comes loose. So was planning to drill through into the block wall and use standard rawplugs.

Do you agree with my approach? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Robin

Sponsored Links
yes and if you can fit to a dab area all the better, if not squirt something behind the plasterboard to keep the strength.
Another option is cut out an area of plasterboard and screw some timber directly to the wall, then fix to that. I did that for kitchen cabinets where accuracy was more important, but for a radiator noone is going to notice a bit of out of line.

corefix.JPG

https://heatingpartswarehouse.co.uk...WBdF8rykmBDENZBOaq-BnFk6_8Y4EOjgaArQPEALw_wcB

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back