Flaking concrete slab - Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I recently had a single storey rear extension built. Outside the extension is a concrete slab.

Since it was laid last year it seems to be flaking alot of concrete in powder form, it seems like the mix did not have enough concrete. There is two and a half bricks between the slab and DPC, and I am considering the easiest way to stop this flaking.

How best can I achieve this, I really don’t want to take it up and re-lay it.

Please kindly share some ideas, someone did say to use garage paint but not sure this would stop the flaking.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
1. If i understand you, you have built an extension off a concrete slab, and the slab extends beyond the exterior wall, like a patio base?

2. Now, the top of the slab is either delaminating or powdering? Inside the structure, or outside?

3. How thick is the concrete, and who supplied and laid the concrete?

The slab does extend from the outside wall and it seems like the mix was too weak.

The powering is outside on the patio slab. It was done by a contractor who was called in for that specific job

Sponsored Links
So, it's still a bit confused, the slab in question is independent of the extension slab?
Why dont you post a pic?
There are conc sealers (google them) that would inhibit powdering, if that is what it is?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back