Flaking paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just after xmas I had all the walls plastered and although it dried out everywhere for some reason a patch took ages to dry out and was still a bit damp but being under pressure from the other half I painted over it all and after a couple of weeks the damp part started to flake and crystalise ..now last week I sanded it all down and repainted but its started to flake/crystalise again :( ...its not down to any leaks /damp position as its in the centre of the wall ( not external or any pipes behind) is this normal to still be drying out after six months and how do I cure it

Sponsored Links
Sounds like efforesence, remove all loose and flaking paintwork, feather out the existing to obtain uniformity and apply an Alkali Resisting primer two coats would'nt go amiss. Allow to fully cure and carry on with your emulsion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back