Flame lift ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone tell me what causes Flame lift. It is a thing I have experienced with this Ariston Boiler since it was installed. The boiler will vibrate and make a loud rumble sound and flame lift will come up with the error 514. It will reset itself a couple of times then eventually switch off until it is manually reset.

Sponsored Links
wrong forum. Try a Plumbing & Heating type sub forum perhaps.

I had a problem with my boiler. It would seem 25 years ago when I fitted it the pressures should have be been set. I don't remember ever setting anything other than pump speed. Guy came around and adjusted, and the dancing flame settled down, and touch wood no more problems. Hope it runs another 25 years. Could of course been wear on the jets.

Did consider changing, but although new ones use less gas, seems no one will claim that new boilers will run for 25 years with just one pump change, one transformer change, one flame sensor change, a good clean and updating of thermostat to one with built in clock.

Biggest problems is batteries going flat in the thermostat. If it ain't broke don't fix it seems to have worked for me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back