Flamin' flush cones!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need to replace pan, hence the problem.

High level victorian-style, 35mm od chromed flush pipe, now having to feed into modern Twyford pan.

Internal flush cone (and B & Q replacement) say "for 40mm pipe".

Obviously then, when I put it all together and tested it, it p!ssed out on flushing.

Would I be better just sacking off the chromed down pipe, and replacing with modern white plastic 40mm flush pipe?

(Already tried silicone-ing it, which was not effective).

I hate anything to do with water.............

Sponsored Links
I hate anything to do with water.............

Awkward as its essential to life :ROFLMAO:

I would try wrapping ptfe tape around the end of the pipe before putting the flush cone on, first... Make the pipe o/d bigger until it's watertight... It's all easily accessible with the setup you have... Try a partial flush rather than full flush when testing - this is possible with a slight pull of the lever/chain.

Last edited:
Oh... Missed that it was 35mm needing to be 40mm...
That would be a lot of ptfe :)

Go with Dan's link :whistle:

Sponsored Links
Tried the different flush cone - no joy....

So, I bought a standard pe flush pipe (40mm), cut a three inch length piece off it, and jammed it (with silicone) over the end of the 35mm original.

Bunged it all back together, and it appears to have worked!

Hallelujah(y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back