Flange for shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK hands up I got it wrong, despite lots of measuring and faffing about when I came to fit the bar shower after tiling and fitting the flanges, shrouds, bezels, trims, call them what you will! The blinking threads are short by 5mm or so anyone know please if there are any shallow flanges I can swap for to get the clearance about 15mm (1/2") deep would be ideal!:)

Otherwise its plastic pipe rings or extra washers I guess:whistle:

Thank you
footprints

Sponsored Links
Had that problem once before @footprints, the customer didn't get the thickness of the tiles right so was out by 5-6mm, I just used a dremel to trim the bottom off the covers and that sorted it.

Thanks Rob, I was thinking along the same lines, maybe hold it on the belt sander clamped in the workmate, son in law has a dermel so I might borrow it.

Sponsored Links
Are u using the cranked (1/2 inch one end and 3/4 inch the other) tails into 1/2 inch wall plate elbows?

Ahh ok.... what's been posted previously are your only options then really... if u do it the other way, u can use 1/2" male couplers to extend out....

Sorted!
Flange (1).JPG
Flange (2).JPG

Just finished off the burrs with 600 grade wet and dry!(y)

Thanks for all you replies and help.:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back