Flange pipe connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Plumbers

I'm trying to construct an industrial style tap using copper and brass fittings. I like the look of the iron or brass flanges which can be screwed to a horizontal surface. Some of them are threaded but I'm wondering how I could use this as a socket to receive a male threaded end coupler and still connect copper pipe below the socket? Although I can't see how this would be possible? Your advice and suggestions gratefully received.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Can you give a pic of the flange in question?

Would something like this fit the bill?
images

Yes thanks for the info Madrab - probably have to go down this route. Wanted something a bit more industrial looking like this to create something like this:flange.jpg
14bb9ae3cc15d4b23922b94d01882420.jpg

Elbows wouldn't work in this situation but thanks for the suggestion - need to keep worktop clear with no backboard or vertical mount.
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Ah I see, not necessarily though. If you know a good plumber, you could get a 15mm pipe soldered into a compression or an end feed male connector, the threaded end would then screw into your gunmetal fittings leaving you with a tail of copper below and a compression/end feed fitting above.
images

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back