Flat roof balcony - what system to use?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a balcony as part of my house and I want to get the waterproofing changed as it is starting to show signs of wear and because I want to refurbish it generally. Many tradesman seem to prefer one method vs another, and for obvious reasons push that method on the phone as the 'best for my needs'. I want to have more information as to what system is the best for my needs, so that I can find a tradesman who is an expert in my chosen system.

Can any of you make some recommendations?

Here are the details of the balcony:
1. 1.5m x 5.5m
2. Terraced house/adjoining balconies (with 1 side a raised edge, on the other a shared recessed gutter - see photos)
3. I want to keep the railings.
4. Live next to the river so we get a lot of moist air (not sure if that matters or not).
5. I want to tile the balcony afterwards similar to my neighbour a few doors down (I will hire a separate Tiler to do this) - see photos.

None of the 2 tradesmen that I spoke to on the phone seemed keen on GRP Fibreglass. From my research is seemed most likely to meet my needs am I missing something obvious as to why it is not suitable?

Thanks for your help,

Jon
AS IS:
6FzfO8k.jpg

peUlzi6.jpg

a9IAU6L.jpg

jVqjVVN.jpg

TO BE:
ArtPexV.jpg

wF8m4m4.jpg

uJqQZZt.jpg

e2XrCWb.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back