Flat Roof Insulation and Replacement - BR inspection required?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to replace my flat roof. It's currently I believe a cold zinc roof, want to replace with either Felt or GRP.

I written and tried calling my council to get more information on BR, but could not find a clear answer.

Reading online as I am replacing the type of material and insulating then I do need BR paperwork as its more than 25% of the roof however when I ask the roofers that came in (and I already have a few come in) they mentioned this is not required as I am not making structural modifications to the roof.

I want to make sure I have paperwork when I sell the flat.

1. I know I need to file for BR planning permission. At what other stages do the inspectors come?

2. Is there an additional cost above and beyond filing the paperwork with BR?

3. Is a warm roof the only/preferred option or can I insulate the rafters by putting in 50mm between joists?

4. If the existing boards are in good condition/not rotten, is there any benefit of replacing them with OSD3 if putting up a felt roof?

I cannot get in touch with my council (Lambeth) so any steer on this is appreciated.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
You’re meant to notify/get it inspected by building control (nothing to do with planning) although plenty probably get done without doing that. Should be a fixed fee cost including a few inspections.
Just give your local building control department a bell

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back