Flat Roof Leaking - Advice on suggested repair and quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a single storey extension to the side of my house which houses the garage and utility room. I have recently noticed a water leak in the ceiling of the utility room (water dripping down through light fitting). Have had a look at the roof and it seems the wooden facia along the back of the utility room has roted slightly where it buts upto the main house wall. The felt that would normally wrap around the edge of the roof onto the fascia is therefore affected.

I had a roofing contractor come to have a look and he reccommends replacing the fascia and laying new felt across the width of the room (approx 6m by 2m). He quoted £300.

Does this sound like good advice and a resonable quote?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
2 8mx1m rolls 4mm cap sheet,
6lm fascia board. approx £100.

plus labour. sounds about right to me. :D

it does sound like a good quote to me aswell but be very aware that if an area of the original felt has now become damage then this would be fine but if the original felt is now stating to become aged and starting to crack and fail then to be honest it might not be too long before your having another patch done i would get him to check the whole roof and see what he thinks and also as a plus note i would ask a seperate roofing contractor to come and have a look and see what he thinks but try to pick one from a different area as us roofers do tend to no each other and tend to talk to each other quite alot. any further help you need then give me a shout

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back