flat roof on mine and neighbours attached garages

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

My neighbour and me have garages at the fron of out house which are attached to the houses and each other. THe felt on mine is in poor condition and letting in water where it is warn at the etdges and is coming away at the corners, and not allowing the water into the gutering etc.

Im thinking about reboarding the roof which is currently strips of t and g nailed to joists with OSB screwed down. Also the insulation below the roof is polystyrene blocks which are probably not fit for purpose, so was thinking of putting the insulation boards on top of the roof then using epdm ontop of that. as per the suppliers instructions with membranes etc.

However......

The neighbour didnt seem keen to replace his roof, which is in marginally better condition than mine is. So where the wall between our garages meet i will need to join an epdm roof to a felt roof......

Is this possible? Or what would be the better course of action for me to replace my roof. As I obviously dont want to spend any money replacing the neighbours roof free of charge...

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back