EPDM flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My garage flat roof is 60 square meters and is currently covered in felt, it is not leaking yet but soon will be by the look of it so my intention is to replace it with EPDM, my question is when I strip the felt off if the boards are ok which I think they are do I have to reboard the roof, this would add quite a bit of expense and time to the project and I would like to avoid it if possible

Sponsored Links
You will have to reboard it. EPDM will only adhere to new clean timber. If the boards are ok albeit covered in tar, you could overboard it with clean 6mm ply ready for the rubber.

You will have to reboard it. EPDM will only adhere to new clean timber. If the boards are ok albeit covered in tar, you could overboard it with clean 6mm ply ready for the rubber.
Thanks for your reply Mw Roofline I suspected I would have to re board but I have just had a thought, because the roof is not leaking and the felt is in reasonable nick could I board over the felt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back