Flat roof overflowing!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a flat roof on my ground floor bathroom which extends out from the main part of the house (Victorian end of terrace). There is a down pipe from the main roof that directs rain straight onto this flat roof, it then flows towards the guttering over my back door, but on particularly rainy days it fills the guttering up far too quickly and the water just sloshes right over the top. There is another down pipe along this run of guttering.

I have replaced the previous owners rotten back door, so it's obviously been a long term problem they decided to do nothing about (nothing new here!). When it's a particulary bad downfall the rain splashes back up off the floor and seeps in under the back door, so loath to lay the flooring until this is resolved.

Done all the usual checks for blockages and the lower guttering is not sagging at all. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
The downpipe from the main roof needs diverting or extending so it doesnt drain onto your flat roof.The flat roof was designed to clear the rainfall falling onto it , not the rainfall from your main roof as well.

OR ...if you can`t move downpipe ..fit larger capacity gutter- square section, or Marley deepflow if they still make it. My enormous chalet bungalow has marley on one outlet no probs :LOL: Just another rich plumber.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back