Flat roof replaced- mushroom vents removed, why?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
H, I've had my flat roof replaced but I notice that the two mushroom vents that were previously in place have been removed and not refitted-
why?
and should i be concerned about condensation?

Thanks

some more information......
the flat roof is over the kitchen
replacement is onto a wood roof deck layer 1, 3b sanded underlay, layer 2 cap sheet sbs 4.5mm mineral felt finish.
there are vents under the soffits

Sponsored Links
H, I've had my flat roof replaced but I notice that the two mushroom vents that were previously in place have been removed and not refitted-
why?
and should i be concerned about condensation?

Thanks

some more information......
the flat roof is over the kitchen
replacement is onto a wood roof deck layer 1, 3b sanded underlay, layer 2 cap sheet sbs 4.5mm mineral felt finish.
there are vents under the soffits

Hard to say without a picture. Was the soffit ventilation installed with the new roof or previously in place? They may not have known what they were there for or not priced for new ones so just removed them. A pic would be a great help.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for everyones comments, having some challenges uploading pictures

Should I be concerned about the lack of any vents now?

If it had been a concrete screeded deck substrate, then the vents could of become redundant as they would have been there to ventilate and allow the drying process of the concrete, but this is not the case in this situation.

So unless they serve redundant equipment below, they should be replaced.

Thanks for everyones input. Bottom line is that there were vents in place as the house w aas designed around 20 years ago to ensure the flat roof stood the test of time and it has. I didn'tvask or agree to their removal and my neighbours contractor kept theirs in place when their flat roof was replaced.

The contractor has agreed to come back and replace the vents. I believe he is true to his word and am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that it wasvan honest mistake/oversight

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back