Flat Roof - safe as houses? :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had my flat roof completely refelted last week as it seemed to be leaking through my bathroom ceiling. I am completely paranoid that the leak will return - do you think the recent heavy snow and light rain in the last week is a good enough test as it hasn't leaked since it was done? I know nothing beats a good heavy rain fall for a test but I am hoping if it survived the last week without any problems I can start to relax! Thanks

Sponsored Links
I had my flat roof completely refelted last week as it seemed to be leaking through my bathroom ceiling. I am completely paranoid that the leak will return - do you think the recent heavy snow and light rain in the last week is a good enough test as it hasn't leaked since it was done? I know nothing beats a good heavy rain fall for a test but I am hoping if it survived the last week without any problems I can start to relax! Thanks

I'm sure if you used a reputable firm who did a good job then there is no need to worry.

If it was Bob and Dave who did it for £200 then worry ;)

LOL - liking your answer. It was a tradesman from rated tradesmen who did it. It was a very fair priced quote but nowhere in the region of £200! I did manage to get onto the roof and examine it afterwards - looked okay and watertight but hey I'm not a roofer. We had more sleet and rain last night and still dry so hoping for the best now. Thing is I want to use said tradesman again (for a non urgent and less anxiety provoking job!) but want to make sure he did a good job here first. They threw water all over the roof before they left and cleaned our roof throughly. One niggle - they left the bags of old felt on the neighbouring roof. Apart from that he was reliable, on time, always returned my calls and gave me a 10 year guarantee (although I have no idea how much reassurance this gives in reality as he could disappear or go bust).

Sponsored Links
LOL - Woody. Exactly. I am never sure who you can really trust these days. I only hope that if you offer further work to a tradesman he will ensure he does a good job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back