Flat Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am moving to a new house which needs the flat roof on the porch replacing, approx 10ft x 8ft. Anyone had an experiences of doing such a job?. Is it a DIY job?.

Sponsored Links
At his stage I'm not sure. The surveyors report just says that it would be wise to replace the roofing on the porch within the next year

nstreet said:
Is it a DIY job?.

I would say no if it's a hot bitumen felt type,best to have it done by professional company and NOT a cowboys firm !! Should last approx 15/20 years...

Sponsored Links
If you have not already replaced your old felt roof with a new felt roof, consider an alternative product that is defiantly a DIY user friendly. Easier to fit that felt and no special tools required

See: this

In my experience mate flat roofs never last and only encourage dampness. If at all possible i would construct a pitched roof and put tiles on top. If not only for peace of mind but a pitched roof always looks much better. :)

Is a pitched roof going to be considerably more expensive. I am a bit limited on budget. If so can anyone give an appoximation, we have those flat concrete type tiles and the porch roof would need to tee into the existing pitched roof at right angles (chalet bungalow).

By the way I dont always post a thankyou on most of the replies that are recieved to my posts. I am always grateful for new suggestions and ideas so your time is not wasted or falling on deaf ears :D

nstreet said:
Is a pitched roof going to be considerably more expensive.
Normally nothing in it, how big is the flat roof area etc?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back