Flat threshold dividers - do they exist?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Installed an engineered wood floor last week - I'd say it was 95% success. I'm having some grief on some of the edges due to decorative skirting boards but I'll get to that another time.

Due to an awkward angle between the living room and the front hall, I've ended up having to do a diagonal join about 6" long (across one board) - which obviously means it moves up and down very slightly when trodden on (occasionally catching socks). The join is perfectly in line with the line of the door when its closed, and is right underneath it.

As such, I'm wondering if it's viable to find a flat threshold divider (either self-adhesive or I can stick it) and just put that over it. Granted it's not the ideal solution but it would be perfectly acceptable for me.

The nearest I've found so far is this on ebay, but it's aluminium
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FLAT-SELF...OOR-BAR-TRIM-THRESHOLD-30mm-A02-/221246821042

Does anyone know of anywhere I might find an oak/oak effect one? I need to hit B&Q on the offchance, and am checking various sites online but thought I'd ask the question here too in case anyone happens to know of one!

cheers
Matt

*edit* I spose I could get one like this and sand the tongue off...
http://www.cadre-components.co.uk/estore/product.php?productid=16327&cat=286&page=1

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Perfect, thanks mate. Going for the flat self-adhesive gold threshold bar. I think it'll solve my problem nicely.

Next, the gaps behind the trim at the skirting boards!

thanks again
Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links