Flat to pitched roof conversion with GEOM roof windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently have a single storey flat roof extension, which I am planning to convert to a sloping pitched roof (from the house), with 2 small GEOM roof windows.

I am confused by all the hot/cold roofing systems and would like to achieve the best result. I will be using roofing membrane under the tiles, rather than felt so I assume this will help with ventilation. Should I just be fitting celotex between the new joists and then plasterboarding over the top or between joists and underneath joists (to prevent cold travelling through joists). Will either of these prevent mould etc....

Has anyone fitted these GEOM centre pvot roof windows before. I have a plastic shim/spacer type thing that appears to fit under one of the window's brackets. Any ideas if this is required???

Thanks guys

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back