Flavel Milano G60 gas cooker grill will not stay lit!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have the above cooker that we purchased 2 years ago. The grill has always seemed to have an intermittant fault that is now a permanent one in that the grill won't stay lit. It fires and lights but as soon as you remove your finger from the button it goes out like there's no gas supply? Any ideas before I have to phone for repair?

Sponsored Links
A very common problem!. Its really a Beko cooker and you need to replace the grill door switch on the right hand side Beko part number 410920562 it costs around £6.00 you need to remove hob top which is secured by screws at the back and then pushes forward . The door switch is secured by 2 screws

I presume you mean the door switch is in series with the FFD so that the flame cannot stay lit with the door closed?

Hopefully the OP is not trying to run the grill with the door closed!

Nope not trying to cook with the grill door shut. I've seen the grill switch on the right hand side. I noticed the other day that when the grill is lit (button held in by me) and I press that switch in it didn't go out which I expected it to?? I'll replace the switch and report. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes the door switch is in series with the grill thermocouple but as the voltage is only 0.5ma which is the voltage a flame produces then it only takes a spec of dust in the switch contacts to render the switch useless . Beko have now changed the switch for a gas valve instead .

Replaced the switch and the grill is operating properly again. Would have been a straight forward job had I not kept dropping screws inside the cooker!!

As per the thread, my grill has stopped working again. I went back to replacing the switch but this has made no difference this time and the grill won't stay lit unless I hold the button in permanently!! Any ideas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back