flexible connectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to get flexible connectors for a monobloc tap that are longer than 300mm?

Sponsored Links
Melter said:
Is it possible to get flexible connectors for a monobloc tap that are longer than 300mm?
I would also like to get a replacement connector for a dishwasher to a 1/2" tap. I already have one but the rubber insert has perished. Have tried all the local hardware stockist and they look at it as though it was a museum piece! The thought of washing up by hand fills me with dread. The last time it went wrong, I almost sent for the Samaratins - so if anybody out there can help or suggest an alternative, they'll have my heartfelt thanks! (Other than actually plumbing in!) Ken

You can get flexis up to 500 mm but I have only seen them with comp fitting one end 1/2 bsp the other, and you will need comp both ends. Worth asking plumber merchants.
Extend the pipework if you are struggling with pushfits if diy :)
TWIG
Try replacing the rubber washer.
Go to a plumbers merchants:cool:

You can get flexies several feet long in the DIY sheds, and certainly 900mm from BES.LTD.UK . And you can join as many as you like together - the 15mm compression end is the same as the bottom of a normal tap - just lose the nut and olive.

If you want a 15mm compression for your tap tails, just turn the flexy round. That gives you a 1/2" female end - so put an isolator on the end of the copper, and screw it on that.

Worth checking that the compression ends (and tap ends, come to that) aren't so sharp they'll cut through the rubber washer. I file em flat with my Swiss penknife's file.

Sponsored Links
if you use speed fit you can have your whole house on flex pipe its just a case of using the right final connection :rolleyes: but it looks tacky

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back