flexible hose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am going to order a flexible hose to go from a 15mm copper pipe to the toilet cistern. which size do i need as there are 2 to choose from
1. 15mm x 1/2" x 10mm bore or
2. 15mm x 1/2" x 13 mm bore.
is the bore size important :?:
i am going for a push fit one end.

Sponsored Links

bigger bore is better flow

though it won't make much difference.

Sorry, don't know.

Stainless-on-stainless fittings tend to seize. you can get a special anti-seize spray from engineering suppliers. I've never thought about that on plumbing fittings.

one of the guys may know.

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
Sorry, don't know.

Stainless-on-stainless fittings tend to seize. you can get a special anti-seize spray from engineering suppliers. I've never thought about that on plumbing fittings.

one of the guys may know.

I have no idea, never heard of it

i have a speedfit 15mm x 1/2" flexi hose which i brought from focus and i have just noticed that it says it is not suitable for stainless steel pipes.

rymatom said:
i have a speedfit 15mm x 1/2" flexi hose which i brought from focus and i have just noticed that it says it is not suitable for stainless steel pipes.

strange, I will ask a rep tomorrow, I may just be being a numpty nugget but I really have never heard of it

The reason they say "not for use on stainless" is because s/s pipe is very hard and the little teeth in the push-fit fitting will not grab onto the pipe.

Don't ask me how I know this. :oops: (At least it was in my own house :rolleyes: )

giblets said:
The reason they say "not for use on stainless" is because s/s pipe is very hard and the little teeth in the push-fit fitting will not grab onto the pipe.

Don't ask me how I know this. :oops: (At least it was in my own house :rolleyes: )

OHHHHH

their push fit, giblets right t wont grab, sorry I though you meant compression

DOH its been a looong day

sorry

rymatom said:
i am going to order a flexible hose to go from a 15mm copper pipe to the toilet cistern. which size do i need as there are 2 to choose from
1. 15mm x 1/2" x 10mm bore or
2. 15mm x 1/2" x 13 mm bore.
is the bore size important :?:
i am going for a push fit one end.

I just wondered - where did you get your 13mm bore from - I have been looking for these for ages and not managed to find any !?!?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back