Flexible soil pipe possible?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Okay - probably adaft question but a little paranoid about the soil pipe....

I am replacing an early 80's toilet and whilst that is fine I am a little confused about a suitable connector to the soil pipe.... the exisiting set up is built into the wall and I am not sure if it is a suitable set up for a replacement, flexible connector.

I started pulling it away and what I thought was a joint actually seems to be the end of the branch connector (forgive me if that is the incorrect term) with what I assume will be a very old rubber seal at the end.

View media item 33526 View media item 33528
Can the flexible connector simply plug straight into this or does it need a straight piece of pipe to plug in first?? I've pictured the connector too though I am sure you know what I mean....

View media item 33527
Thanks in advance...

Sponsored Links
If you must use the flexi, cut through the pipe at a suitable point, the fins on a pan connector are designed to seal into a 110mm spigot, not a socket. Personally, i'd be trying to rig something up using a rigid pan connector if at all possible, those flexis can collect rubbish in the grooves and cause problems.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back