Aligning soil pipe and Geberit Duofix frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am trying to line up soil pipe for Vitra wall hung toilet using Geberit Duofix frame but the soil pipe branch is too high for Geberit 90 degree elbow connector that comes with the box.
IMG_1810.jpg

I am thinking to swivel the branch like the photo below and use a flexible pan connector to connect straight from toilet to soil pipe without using Geberit fitting. Will it work given the branch is tilted at an angle?

IMG_1809.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yes you can do that.
But, looks like it needs rotating more.
That angle seems it will put a hump in the run.

Thank you. I will try to lower the frame and rotate the pipe so reduce the hump.
Is there any tip on getting the soil pipe or flexible connector sitting tightly on the frame now that I am unable to use Geberit fitting?

Sponsored Links
Thank you. I will try to lower the frame and rotate the pipe so reduce the hump.
Is there any tip on getting the soil pipe or flexible connector sitting tightly on the frame now that I am unable to use Geberit fitting?

When you use a flexi rather than the supplied elbow, then you use a long enough flexi that you can connect whilst pan is out of situ... Then it concertinas back when you offer it up to the frame... This usually means the soil pipe has to be further back away from the frame.
Looking at your situation, it looks like you'll have to reconfigure that branch pipe to suit... I don't think you'll get it as it is... Too tight angles and clearances.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back