Flexible WC waste pipe through wall

Someone at work answered another thing that was nagging at the back of my mind. He saw the photos and the first thing he said was "are there any ladies in the house ?"
He then went on to say that his bog has a bit of corrugated white pipe like that, and his missus keeps blocking it with tampon applicators which catch on the corrugations and then trap any other solid matter. He then went on to describe (with the hand movements) how he has to stick his hand round the bend to dislodge it. Fortunately he didn't do this while we were eating.

Sponsored Links
The only thing that should go down a toilet is:

Toilet paper & what comes out of us.

NOTHING ELSE!!!

Andy

I have had to use a flexi pan connector on my toilet and had no problems with it whats so ever. Ladies should not be flushing there sanitary products down the toilet! However how this has been installed is simply appalling. It needs solid soil pipe through the wall. I have had to change many a pan connector due to the seals leaking connecting to the pan. Good luck trying to change one that disappears through a wall.

Call the plumber back, it is not acceptable!

Why didn't they use a diamond core drill to make the holes, then it would have been nice and neat with no patching in necessary afterwards.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I particularly like the use of knuckle bends to keep it neat and tidy :LOL:

Never had a problem with those flexi's blocking or leaking - but fooking hell - that aint right. Surely they must have looked at it and thought " 'ang on lads - we're gonna get pulled up on this".

Now got some updates ...

It turns out that the alternative "thermal store" isn't. It's a standard indirect DHW cylinder with solar coil in the bottom. The plumber has connected up the indirect boiler coil as the DHW coil.
That also explains why he's used a F&E tank the size of a small bath - that's what the manufacturer said was the required size, but obviously as a header tank for the DHW :rolleyes:

And yes, it was the plumber made those big holes. No he didn't take the blocks out as blocks, they came out in tiny bits. Luckily my brother has found a couple of bits of stone that are a reasonable match.
I can only assume the plumber either doesn't have a suitable core drill (though he seems to have used one for the boiler flue), or couldn't be bothered using it where he couldn't stand on the floor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back