Flexible exterior water pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an external tap on the back wall of my house and I want to T off it to take a supply to another location. There is a recently installed expensive path underneath the tap which I am reluctant to lift.

I propose to use a core drill to drill on oversized hole immediately below the tap and excavate a hole in the lawn such that I could then poke a hole beneath the path and meet up with the hole near the tap. I would then feed the flexible section of water pipe under the slabs and pull it up to join the tap joint.

Is there a type of flexible pipe I could use to connect the tap to the conventional plastic pipe I shall lay underground? I've seen a type of corrugated pipe that looks like it may do the trick but could I then join it to the conventional rigid pipe?

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes, it is, but I don't think it's flexible enough to be able to turn it through 90° as sharply as I'll need to. There's going to be a righthand bend just below the paving slabs which I think will be too sharp for normal water pipe.

I was hoping for something that is considerably more flexible. Almost the flexibility of garden hosepipe but more durable and which could be joined to standard water pipe.

How are you going to get this pipe through the compacted earth under the path? Poke doesn't sound realistic. can you drill under the path from the lawn?

Sponsored Links
What sort of distance is there between your 2 holes? Was your expensive path properly bedded with crushed and compacted material- if so then very low odds you'll be able to just poke a bit of tube under the slabs.
Horizontal drilling will be the way to go but your access hole in the lawn will need to be quite long. Up to a metre easy (SDS bits 1 metre long are cheap and easily bought).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back