float & set - fixing battens

Ahh, the joys of DIY lol

What has happened is that as I have come down the wall, it has got thicker near the floor and is thinner near the top. also has become "raised" near the corner and flattens out towards the left hand side of the ex-doorway.

And to add insult to injury, the "good" finish on the other side has developed a crack from the "hole" on the left side of the wall (as you look at it), sort of climbing to the top right corner and the plaster sounds "tappy" when the surfice is lightly knocked. This happened when passing a cable throught the deliberate hole and it snagged on the other side. Gave it a good tug and it went "crack". Ooops!

Sponsored Links
Finally got round to posting my pictures of my hallway at my last address,
and work to date. Also got the pictures of my doorway. Sort of, anyway.

A Bit of painting in the front room too.

Having fun tonight, steaming the walls and ceiling in the hallway/stairwell, as they are next on the list of todo's.

Just stopped to have a cuppa tea and peruse this forum, and update as necessary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back