Floating a bamboo floor onto floorboards with 5mm fibreboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I'm having about 30m2 of 15mm bamboo fitted as a floating floor, using 5mm fibreboard as an underlay. Two or three areas of the floor are pretty uneven I think with some loose floorboards (its the 1st floor).

My fitter is a reall professional guy, and has been really helpful. It's getting close to the fitting and I'm just wondering if I should approach him about having the floor glued or nailed instead of floated. This is considerably more expensive than standard floating and I just wanted to get people's views on whether I should go for it or not? Can the bamboo still be nailed with the 5mm fibreboard underneath?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Gallois said:
Two or three areas of the floor are pretty uneven I think with some loose floorboards (its the 1st floor).

Fix those first before any method is used (floating or nailing)

Gallois said:
Can the bamboo still be nailed with the 5mm fibreboard underneath?

Thanks

No, it's either nailing directly to the floorboards or installing floating on 5mm underlayment.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back