floating strand woven bamboo floor advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we are about to install a strand woven bamboo floor - the manufacture recommended floating the floor as the wood is very hard to nail. I'm just a bit worried that the pva glue that they recommended will be secure as the floor coating covers the joint part of the floor as well. Any advice greatly received.

Sponsored Links
we are about to install a strand woven bamboo floor - the manufacture recommended floating the floor as the wood is very hard to nail. I'm just a bit worried that the pva glue that they recommended will be secure as the floor coating covers the joint part of the floor as well. Any advice greatly received.

do you need glue i have fitted strand bamboo before a few times at it had a uni-click system

do you need glue i have fitted strand bamboo before a few times at it had a uni-click system

if its not click it will be fine to glue the way it is

@MuddyPaws:

How did your strand woven bamboo installation go? I recently purchased some(from EcoTimber) for two rooms of my home, but I'm trying to determine how I should install it; they recommend a glue down installation but I'm trying to see what other people have done and had success/failure with. Any tips or advice would be great, thanks!

Sponsored Links
Mr. Bamboo, Inc. is a manufacturer and marketer of Bamloc® and BamStrand® strand bamboo flooring products. Their Bamloc® is the FIRST 100% solid, prefinished strand woven bamboo floating (self-locking system) floor on the market.

BamLoc® board is 9/16" thickness, come with three random lengths (24", 48" and 72"), which make it easy to install on any type of subfloor, perfect for radiant heat installation and reduce installation costs. The BamLoc® is available in Natural, Coffee, Auburn and Sedona color with matching color accessories. It is perfect for commercial and residential use.

www.mrbambooflooring.com

@MuddyPaws:

How did your strand woven bamboo installation go? I recently purchased some(from EcoTimber) for two rooms of my home, but I'm trying to determine how I should install it; they recommend a glue down installation but I'm trying to see what other people have done and had success/failure with. Any tips or advice would be great, thanks!

Our joiner fitted the bamboo floor in the extension using the glue recommended by the supplier, he said it was much better than previous installations he has done and so far it has proved to be no problem at all. the strand woven is so hard it really would be near impossible to secret nail which had been our first thought. We have the rest of the downstairs to do now but being done by ourselves, it looked simple enough though, just need decent cutting tools. Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back