Floating Floor Replacement Options

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a floating floor which springs a lot more than I would like. In our previous house we replaced a similar, albeit slightly different, floating construction and I’m trying to figure out what options we have.

Current floor appears to be block and beam, then 100mm Celotex with chipboard T&G on top. Previously we had block and beam with no insulation, 50mm batons and finally chipboard T&G. We took that woodwork out and screened the whole lot. I’m assuming however that that isn’t quite so simple at our new property as building regs means the full 100mm Celotex has to remain with screed on top. This would obviously raise the floor level.

Are there any options for replacing a Celotex/Chipboard floating floor with a solid screed that retains an acceptable level of insulation without adversely affecting finished height?

Sponsored Links
I converted a garage for a customer so I screeded the floor flat with sharp sand, cement, SBR mix. Then a DPM sheet with celotex insulation and T&T chipboard. Between every single surface between the DPM, insulation and boards, I drowned it in PVA. It was like walking on a solid floor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back