Floating flooring over concrete floor, lots of creaks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

In the main house I had an extension fitted and due to the choice of levels to rork to we ended up with about 38x38 timbers laid across the concrete and floorboards on top of that. In a few places it is creaking quite badly, I think it is a combination of the "joists" setting in on the rough concrete so that they possibly float in a few places. The florboards are secret nailed, and might have warped a bit on some other parts of the floor.

So two questions in one post, what pourable runny adhesive could I pour down through a small drilled hole to stop the joists from moving where I suspect that is the problem?

And ditto, is there a recommended adhesive that I could use where I suspect it is the floorboard to jiost movement causing the noise? The other alternative would be a whole heap of drill, screw and cover with a wood plug, which I suspect will take a lot longer to do?

Sponsored Links
Lol, you just laid those thin battens on the concrete?

Take the boards up and fix the battens properly.

It was the builder that laid them, I am reporting how it was contructed.

Sponsored Links
I really need to know if there is a suitable runny glue I can pour down to at least stop the battens from moving, any creaks left are the floor. We now have furniture etc back in again and no room to rip up the whole floor, it is a complicated shape. Any ideas about what I should use?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back