flogging semi-valuable stuff on ebay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Really finding it hard to get motived to sell stuff online. I've got a few collectables in the way of PC games and consoles. Mainly vintage stuff like super nintendo, n64, sega, PC big box games fom the 90s.

Trouble is taking photos of each individual item and listing it online and fuk me it's hardly worth the bother after ebay take the fee and the post office take theirs.

I was thinking perhaps about just lumping it all into a bin liner and giving it to a charity shop, perhaps £200-300's worth, but I'd pay this to avoid the bother of it all.

Would you bother? Do you bother? Is it worth the time ? Thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Still eBay it... just sell as a job lot (or in a couple of them).

I inherited hundreds and hundreds of model cars few years back. Did try going down the individual route, but end of day too much hassle. Reality is sharp collectors will cherry pick the gold, and leave you with the crud.

Sponsored Links
It's dead easy with a smart phone ....download the app .....take the pictures with your phone .....It can be done in a minute it two........ literally. Packing & Posting it's the pain.

Got some good returns on ebay.

If you're not bothered about the item but it's worth a few quid bang it in an auction......again dead easy ........there's general auctions all over the place ........

Easylive lists some all over the place.

Do you guys use the 'buy it now function' ? I do because I'm not prepared to bother for under a certain price. I might just go ahead and list everything starting at 99pence, trouble is ebay get all fussy now about you setting your own postage fee, so they quibble if I want to set it at say £5 and it only costs be £3.50 to send.

It's dead easy with a smart phone ....download the app .....take the pictures with your phone .....It can be done in a minute it two........ literally. Packing & Posting it's the pain.

Got some good returns on ebay.

If you're not bothered about the item but it's worth a few quid bang it in an auction......again dead easy ........there's general auctions all over the place ........

Easylive lists some all over the place.

Some interesting stuff on there.

Gumtree your vintage (****) stuff (y)

I've a load of grow equipment I'm going to bung on there at some point, carbon filters, silencers, grow lamps etc. I would sooner do trenchwork with trainers on than take pretty pictures of things and talk about them, I just can't do it, it's like going clothes shopping, I'm literally allergic to it. The walls start closing in and I have to get out of there ASAP, think I might have some sort of phobia lol.

I'm with gasbanni about auctions, mainly because I have 2 within 8 miles of me. And 3 bootsales within 2 miles (in the season )

Ebay keep changing the layout ,which makes selling a pain. I usually wait till I get a deal , such as "only pay £1 when you sell" which can save a tidy sum on commission with some of the stuff I sell, & don't forget paypal take a cut as well, if you use that. P&P can put people off as I only send recorded or special delivery. Try & mark electrical items with UV pen as some people will try & send a different duff one back as a faulty item.General auctions take a larger sellers premium (usually) plus the dreaded, also a lotting fee may be payable.If you do sell on ebay & buyer wants to pick it up, insist on cash on collection.

Really finding it hard to get motived to sell stuff online. I've got a few collectables in the way of PC games and consoles. Mainly vintage stuff like super nintendo, n64, sega, PC big box games fom the 90s.

Trouble is taking photos of each individual item and listing it online and fuk me it's hardly worth the bother after ebay take the fee and the post office take theirs.

I was thinking perhaps about just lumping it all into a bin liner and giving it to a charity shop, perhaps £200-300's worth, but I'd pay this to avoid the bother of it all.

Would you bother? Do you bother? Is it worth the time ? Thoughts?

I know what you mean .... my son did not want a load of clothes/trainers .. he only buys the most expensive stuff and hardly wears them then does not want them anymore, I put them on ebay and got quizzed to death by potential buyers ..jeez you think they was buying a million dollar mansion but I could not be arsed answering them and after ebay fees , all the arsing around packaging them,posting them ..then people whinging because they have not turned up yet , FFS never again and only made a couple of quid

I know what you mean .... my son did not want a load of clothes/trainers .. he only buys the most expensive stuff and hardly wears them then does not want them anymore, I put them on ebay and got quizzed to death by potential buyers ..jeez you think they was buying a million dollar mansion but I could not be arsed answering them and after ebay fees , all the arsing around packaging them,posting them ..then people whinging because they have not turned up yet , FFS never again and only made a couple of quid

Spot on, haha

Sponsored Links
Back