Floodlight with PIR & Switched override

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all.

I’ve got an external floodlight that needs replacing. Previous owners thought it would make good target practice for a football or something…

anyway, I know that it runs using 4 core cable, and it is on permanent PIR, however there is a switch on the inside of the house that will turn on the light permanently with a simple flick of the switch, and then turn off again when the switch is off, I am looking for a floodlight that is an exact replacement of this setup, as opposed to the ones where you have to switch the switch ON-OFF-ON-OFF in order to get it to do the same thing.

I also want to avoid having to use IP65 junction boxe on the outside.

Is there an exact floodlight anyone can recommend? As opposed to ordering a load of different ones for trial and error.

thanks all!

Sponsored Links
Consider using an ordinary lamp and a separate PIR sensor. Gives a lot more freedom of choice and means that if ( when ) one fails it does not require both lamp and sensor to be replaced.

pir overide single unit.jpg

They usually all turn on and off with switch as you need, with a pause before turning on they then operate on the pir.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back