Floor Glass

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi

Just wondering I have a car pit in my garage which I am going to convert to a room, would anyone know if I get the measurements how much roughly it would be if I put glass over the top of it like a wine cellar??

Thanks

Sponsored Links
There are companies who make such glass for light wells in front gardens to a cellar.
maybe look into them?
it will weigh a ton, so figure a way to lift it with linear actuators or similar?

it may also need a sensor to stop it when closing if you like your toes where they are?

I used to work with motorised stages and (orchestra) pits. All the edges had bars like on a fire exit to avaoid chopping people in half. The actual lifting was done with screw jacks driven by what looked like vehicle propshafts.

Sponsored Links
Minimum 32mm Laminate toughened glass if you want to walk on it. Depends on size , I reckon 80-100kg per m2 , cost again dependant on size ...I would say approx 2-3k if you aren't wanting it with a nice polished edge ( eg going in a rebate so it's flush with existing floor

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back