floor joist. rsj

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
i am putting some new floor joist in the loft for a conversion. One end is sitting on the wall plate. the other is going on hangers off an rsj how do i fix them to it???? is it get a gun and shot nails throw wood and steel and hang them like that? also how many noggings do i need in each row. joists are 150x50
thanks

Sponsored Links
There are a couple of methods here. You can always just sit the joists on the lower flange without any sort of mechanical fixing into the steel,and gravity does the rest. Sometimes noggins are put inbetween to prevent sideways movement although also quite common is to just let the flooring do that job.
Another method if you wish to go down the hanger route is to bolt a timber onto the vertical face of the steel effectivly filling up the flanged area and fix to that .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back