Floor Repair - Best Approach?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Have to repair floor on pic attached, old solid floor. What's best approach to this, mix up some mortar and patch it in? Worried about mortar around copper pipes, or do I compact loose stone around them and mortar on top?
Any advice appreciated!
Thanks

Attachments

• 20220503_162236.jpg
    20220503_162236.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 80
Sponsored Links
I've seen them wrapped in waterproof tape, but the brass connection joint you have is a source of possible leaking.

Blup

Hi all,
Have to repair floor on pic attached, old solid floor. What's best approach to this, mix up some mortar and patch it in? Worried about mortar around copper pipes, or do I compact loose stone around them and mortar on top?
Any advice appreciated!
Thanks
Pack soft sand around the pipes so that you have a flat surface just above the pipes then lay polythene on top - then concrete over.

Thanks noseall - sounds like a plan.
Wasn't expecting the sand but makes sense - sharp sand?
Lap the polythene up sides a bit and concrete to level, planning to slc whole floor once I patch this bit.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to round back on this but just about to buy materials. Definitely concrete i'm using and not a mortar mix - so cement, sand and stone aggregate mix? Lot of the pre-mixed stuff for floor repair looks like just a mortar mix so will have to mix up some concrete myself if needed
Thanks

Sorry to round back on this but just about to buy materials. Definitely concrete i'm using and not a mortar mix - so cement, sand and stone aggregate mix? Lot of the pre-mixed stuff for floor repair looks like just a mortar mix so will have to mix up some concrete myself if needed
Thanks
You can use screed sand (AKA sharp sand/concrete sand) as it will bind in to the existing better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back