Floor screed drying time needed before laying coverings?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm in the final stages of renovating an old fireplace and chimney breast in my lounge.

One of the final jobs is to screed the floor around the fireplace to match in with the screed we have in the rest of the room (the old hearth was laid directly onto the concrete base so there was no screed around the fireplace).

We have a little bit of damp in the room so I'll be using a tanking slurry to seal the concrete and part way up the bricks, and then mix the screed with a waterproofer/bonding agent and laying it while the tanking slurry is still 'green'.

I'm using a mix of 4 sharp sand to 1 cement and the appropriate amount of waterproofer/bonding agent but I'm not sure how long I need to leave this to dry before I can lay the floor coverings.

In the fireplace I'll be laying slate and to the side (as well as a couple of patch repairs elsewhere in the room) it will be carpeted.

Any info on drying times would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back