Floor tile grout.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, first post on here, but have been lurking and reading lots of info for the last year.
I am currently tiling our kitchen floor in a similar style to our bathroom, which I tiled around 7 years ago.
The question is regarding the floor grout. When I grouted the bathroom floor, the grout looks very similar to the tiles. These are Damascus fossil sandstone tiles and the grout is nearly the same texture.
It has the appearance of a sand coloured mastic (the stuff mixed with linseed oil for wooden window frames), but is grout. I can't thing for the life of me where I got it from or what make it was.
My tiling supplier told me to use Granfix wall and floor tile grout. It is fine for walls but too smooth a grout for sandstone tiles, with a 10mm grout width (IMHO).
Could anyone point me towards the type of grout that I have described please.

Steve.

Sponsored Links
sounds like mapei grout ultracolor plus etc...think at last count it comes in 25/26 colours.
check their website out mate

bal/weber/ardex also do coloured grouts.

Thanks for the replies.
I know you can get various colours of grout, even for floors.
What I was trying to say is the composision of the grout.
To look at it, it looks like a sand based/textured grout.
All the latest grouts seem to be smooth like wall grout.
The best way to describe it, it has the appearance and texture of yellow sand mastic, but is floor grout.

Steve.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for the replies. I investigated further regarding tictic and jct's suggestions.
I ended up buying Bal flexi wide joint grout. I looks to have the same consistency as the grout used in our bathroom.

Steve.

Thank you for the replies. I investigated further regarding tictic and jct's suggestions.
I ended up buying Bal flexi wide joint grout. I looks to have the same consistency as the grout used in our bathroom.

Steve.

glad we could offer some help to you mate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back