Grouting bathroom floor tiles with flexible grout ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any tips for grouting Bathroom floor non-slip surfaced ceramic tiles.

I have laid the tiles on a wooden floor with a waterproof flexible adhesive, which will take about 7days to fully cure before grouting.

The problem I have now, although I can use the adhesive for grouting. But the colour 'dark grey' is not a match for the tiles.

Any tips of whether or not I need to use a flexible grout, if so any suggestions of a White coloured waterproof product I could use.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You should be using a flexi grout, but that doesnt mean you can use the adhesive for it, which you seem to imply in your post

Thanks,

Yes the Mix states for use as Adhesive and Grout, which is why I mentioned about the colour being the wrong choice for grouting my tiles.

Sponsored Links
hmm, sounds very strange. what brand is it? is it ready mixed?

Yes the Mix states for use as Adhesive and Grout, which is why I mentioned about the colour being the wrong choice for grouting my tiles.
Sounds like a cheap DIY product & they are mostly crap. You should never use tile adhesive for grouting & should only use a cement powder adhesive on floors; tub ready mix isn't suitable.

What is the floor made of & did you prep it sufficiently? Suspended timber floors are notorious for failing if you don’t get it right.

Wickes, Flexible Ceramic Floor Tile Adhesive and Grout.

I used this some 5 years ago on a floating plywood floor in the bathroom. i have lifted the tiles because they were not non-slip with children or elderly around and they were still firmly fixed etc.

This is why I used it again, but wanting a White coloured Grout.

This is why I used it again, but wanting a White coloured Grout.
Tub mix & "all in one"; your choice really but a bad one IMO & I wouldn't use it. Tub mix is evaporative cure & not really suitable for floors despite what Wickes say & if your tiles are larger than 250mm, it will take an age to set & in some cases never sets at all. A decent trade powder cement adhesive is what you need, it’s chemical cure & doesnlt rely on water evaporation to set.

Did you manage to get the old tiles up without too much trouble or destroying the floor? If so then it’s a good indication of the “quality” of the adhesive! If your intent on using it & want white grout lines, buy a decent flexible white grout.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back