WATERPROOF GROUT!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Waterproof tile adhesive was brownish in colour, so now require white grout. Which is the best totally waterproof grout I could use.

Can you get one for use in a caulking gun!!!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
The only totally waterproof grout is epoxy, and even then its down to how you apply it, and it will cost you £££££

If you need total waterproofing you should be tanking the area before you tile

I have hardibacker boarded the area and used waterfroof adhesive for shower areas. Just require grouting!!! Did the job 15 years a go and mounted tiles on plywood and PVA. Lasted 15 years and only doing the rebuild as styles change etc.

The grouting is all that is left to do!!! :)

What is the best reasonably priced grout from a local Tops Tiles, Wickes type place??

Cheers

If the tiles are mounted on hardibacker then you don't need a waterproof grout. As tpt has said you would need epoxy which is mega bucks and a git to install.

Go for a decent trade grout such as BAL. Don't buy from Wickes as the stuff they stock is rubbish. Topps Tiles stock all the stuff but are expensive if you don't have a trade card. The internet is the best place for reasonably priced stuff.

Sponsored Links
yep i agree with iwaters. get an micro porous one such as granfix maxigrout or BALs equivalent. it can also be worth sealing the grout in a shower to stop staining

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back