Floor tiles - using centre point - does not look right

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently got ceramic floor tiles fitted on my kitchen floor. Although the tiler maintains he did everything to the textbook, the tiles do not simply look right. They are not parallel with the entrance door, the kitchen units or the two other walls. Is this a common problem? I am at the stage where I am considering getting the floor redone, at my own expense, as the tiler maintains everything is 'spot-on'. Is this a common problem? I would appreciate any advice

Sponsored Links
As the tiles don't seem to be pararell with anything ,I would say he has set the tiles out wrong

Either your house is way out of shape or you are being picky.

It's much easier to use at least one wall as parallel as it saves cutting the darned things.

The fact that you are thinking of trashing it and starting again makes me think you are looking for faults.

Who really looks at grout lines anyway?

joe

Joe, I can assure you that ,if the tiles are out the first thing anybody is going to pick up on are the grout lines being out of parallel to a wall or kitchen units.

I would exspect the tiler to have pointed out this problem out before he started tiling, at the very least to cover his own back .

Sponsored Links
Last kitchen i had done had a simular problem, it was due to 2 walls not be 90deg ment that the grout lines were out of plumb with the units which looked odd. Got the fixer to move the skirting boards for the units to line up with the grout and it looked great and took 30seconds and cos they are below the units you cant see they are out of line.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back