Floor tiles - using centre point - does not look right

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently got ceramic floor tiles fitted on my kitchen floor. Although the tiler maintains he did everything to the textbook, the tiles do not simply look right. They are not parallel with the entrance door, the kitchen units or the two other walls. Is this a common problem? I am at the stage where I am considering getting the floor redone, at my own expense, as the tiler maintains everything is 'spot-on'. Is this a common problem? I would appreciate any advice

Sponsored Links
Im a DIYer who has done quite a bit of tiling, I lay it out as it should be, then step back & have a look...F*** the book its got to look right. But my guess is that in a few months you will have forgotten that it didnt look quite right, & probably knowone else will notice.

You are right, I will probably get used to it - but it looks awful, the tiles are really not parallel to the kitchen units, and the entrance door. I am so disappointed with the job - even if it has been done to the book

If the two opposite walls in your room are not parallel then the tiles will not look parallel to your units. Sometimes the difference is not much and you can get away with it.

The other option is to set the tile parallel to the wall/units that most catch your eye but then the run out on the opposite wall will be greater.

Jason

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back