Floor Tiling on Uneven Screed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have not long had a screed laid in my new games room approx 40m over 3 rooms, the screed has been laid very badly and is out by up to 1" in places. The screed at the doorway is the correct height and everything that is out, runs lower than this, now there is too much area and discrepency to use floor levelling compound (would cost an arm and leg) and do not want to chop the floor up, soooo what would be my best solution to lay a flat tiled floor, ie could I lay a wet screed of a strong soft sand and cement, ruling it off some predetemined levels.

What would you proffesionals do in this situation please!

Many thanks, Martin

Sponsored Links
Invisible-Man said:
Hi,
I have not long had a screed laid in my new games room approx 40m over 3 rooms, the screed has been laid very badly and is out by up to 1" in places. The screed at the doorway is the correct height and everything that is out, runs lower than this, now there is too much area and discrepency to use floor levelling compound (would cost an arm and leg) and do not want to chop the floor up, soooo what would be my best solution to lay a flat tiled floor, ie could I lay a wet screed of a strong soft sand and cement, ruling it off some predetemined levels.

What would you proffesionals do in this situation please!

Many thanks, Martin
Personally, I'd use a laser level and place small lumps of brick (or similar) presenting a flat face upwards, held in place by dobs of sand/cement, so that you have something to work to. Prime/bond the floor surface, then lay screed mixture to bring it up to the correct level wherever it's wrong.

Or, you could use levelling compound, bulked out with aggregate.

BTW, I don't know what you mean by "strong" in this context, but in any case I'd use sharp sand, not soft, for the screed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back