Floorboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've pulled up some damaged floorboards in my 1930's house, which I assume to be original. I've measured these as roughly 114mm x 12mm.

As far as I can see, I can't get any replacement boards of the same size, or even thickness (which is the main requirement).

Does anyone know where I could get some replacement boards from, or even what other options I might have?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Wot - 1/2" thick floor boards....are you certain?
One popular size of the day was 112mm wide (4 1/2") x 22 (7/8") thick - if you really need 1/2" boards, I guess its buy the thicker stuff and have them planed down....they'll lose the T&G with adjoining stuff though.
John :)

give your local reclamation yard a ring and see if they have anything of similar size?

Sound like they have been planed severely , replace with 22mm boards.
Do some work in a large house were the boards are down to 10-12mm, heavy wardrobe feet punched a hole thru the floor due to the thin boards.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back