Floorboards

Lak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last year I replaced some old original floorboards in the upstairs landing. The old ones were split and therefore you could see the groove in the carpet where the gap formed. Anyway the old boards were tongue & groove style but the new ones I used were not. I screwed new ones down but now there is a groove in some places because for some reason the new ones are not level as the old ones and u can actually see the carpet level slightly go down ..........any ideas as to how to rectify. Thanks. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Put sheets of hardboard down then underlay if any then carpet.

Take up the new floorboards and put packers ontop of the joists, I aways try and use vinyl tiles as they are dampproof.

Another method which is a bit of a botch but does work, is to run a thick bead of grip-fill on the joist the gently push new board into it until it's just level with exsisting boards. Do not walk on them or move until the grip fill has cured.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back