Flooring Ramp Strip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've fixed my laminate flooring and have just realised that I should have factored fitting the ramp strips at the door entrance before completing the task . However , I am a bit stuck as don't know how to fix the ramp strip now since the edges of the floor aren't absolutely in one straight line and there is a considerable gap between the top of the new floor and the adjacent existing floor . Presume I will need to fit a strip of wood below the ramp strip to bring the two floor levels to come to come to a reasonable level ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
hi,appreciate any tips on this subject . I am still struggling to fix the ramp profile strip ..the current height the ramp strip covers is lower than what i need ..to be specific .the ramp strip i have is meant for 9mm hieght , while i need to cover a height of 18mm .

putting a block of wood is a solution,but then its tough to get the dimesnions of the block of wood absolutely right !

you can get ramp strips for uneven floors from the big sheds one side will just butt up to the laminate floor and the other to the carp/vynil

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back