Floorplan Software

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend something to build a floor plan? Not even the furniture yet - just really somewhere that I can get some measurements down, wall thicknesses and start marking up where the utilities will go...

Sponsored Links
I know it's bad form to answer my own question, but so far, this is what I've experimented with (using free versions or free trials)
Polycam - this seems more than happy to scan the whole house in one go, but doesn't cope well with multiple floors in one go. Doing one floor at a time works, but it doesn't "figure out" the stairs
RoomScan LIDAR - Way too complex. In Apple RoomPlan mode its ok, but then the floorplan isn't great
Room Planner - Similar issues to PolyCam for multiple floors, but the floorplans arent as good as polycam. The furniture designer seems cool, almost sims style... but not what Im after
MagicPlan - Simple, straightforward and the plans seem pretty accurate (0.5cm off vs my PLR50c on a 10m wall). Limited features, but seems to work. Also this struggles with the staircase. Key takeaway is to really scan one room at a time with this app
CubiCasa - this seems like "the best", but probably only because I haven't tested it yet. You only get 1 free scan, so I will do that at the actual property I want to scan rather than my apartment... They seem to manually "clean" you scan (10 quid), so I will comment back after I've tested it.

EDIT: Forgot to say - all seem to struggle with my ceiling height wardrobe's doors - made entirely of mirrors.

Sponsored Links
Mate, I am nothing anywhere near a pro builder and this might sound crazy but I use excel. I am probably going to get ripped to shreds for posting this but I don't care. I have built many things, designed in excel. This is my biggest yet.
Image.png

Back