Windows based software.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi -

we are a small php programming firm and are wondering how softwares for windows are done?? i mean we have a online php software which user's can install on their website... kind of a plugin for wordpress and we are trying to do a small windows utility that would connect to the website and fetch data.

Any tips on where/how to get started?? i really have no idea what language these are done in and how these are build up?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi Shanty,

PHP isn't limited to web use, you can install PHP on your local computer and run scripts. There are even GUI bindings. I wouldn't suggest using PHP for a distributed application for regular users though.

Choosing the right language and framework will depend entirely on the project, target market and your existing skill set.

But in ALL cases ensure your graphics use OpenGL

I don't see how this is relevant, if he specified a graphically intense application which in the future would require porting to multiple platforms, then sure. But he specifically mentioned Windows...

Sponsored Links
Strange request from original poster really. Says small software company but another of their posts was about building a server with 20GB hard drive!!

Sponsored Links
Back